January 26, 2011

Take Your Time Do It your Way

 Esquire
Time and watches, lets face it- those are two things a man
rarely can have too much of.
Let's be clear, men don't  need a lot of
accessory options:  most importantly, we've got cufflinks
wedding/commitment rings and watches.
BTW, for the record, sunglasses have long been elevated
above accessory level.
My first 'real' watch was given to me by my girlfriend
now wife of 31 years, it was a Seiko, brown face and band-
and I wore it down until she gave me years later,
The Domino watch from Tiffany...which unfortunately
 fell off my wrist in Paris- which fortunately we had
insurance for and was replaced
with The Atlas- a true classic.
 One of my favorite watches of late,
has been one that I bought when we were in Milan,
I think I paid 60 Euros for it but, I have gotten more
compliments from it than you would expect.
 (sport-dress/ brown black) Whatever...
The point is, it isn't really necessary to pay thousands of dollars-
for a good looking and functioning watch-
you might be surprised at what there is at the 'mass' level...
two of my favorite (retail-Amazon doesn't count) sources are
Barney's and Diesel. (Ok and Macy's, you didn't hear it from me-
but seriously,what don't they buy?)
Yes, there are technicalities such as ...
Dress
Hybrid
Sport
Chronograph
Modern
but really, go with what you like
and don't be afraid to make a statement, bold or subtle-
and remember...it's just an accessory.

Start With Typewriters
 Hey, if you're
super flush by all means- make an investment,
the choices are incredible and visual eye candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment